The Children Department at Hudgell & Partners specialises in representing parents, children, grandparents and extended family members on all cases concerning children. We have an experienced team of solicitors who are able to assist in all aspects of the law relating to children.

Private Law: - this involves disputes between parents (and others) as to where children are to live, who they should spend time with, abduction, who has parental responsibility and any other issues relating to their upbringing.

In some cases the problems can be resolved by mediation or negotiation which we encourage but if not, we are able to represent/support you in an application to court.

Legal aid is available in certain cases subject to an assessment by the Legal Aid Agency.

Public Law:- We can offer support both before the issue of court proceedings, under the Public Law outline (in attending meetings with Social Services) or in representing you at court when an application has been made by Social Services to remove a child into ‘care’ or to determine contact and associated issues. We act for parents, grandparents and other relations.

We are also able to represent you in adoption and Special Guardianship applications.